Training in 2021
U7s & U9s – Will start their season on Saturday April 24 with Holidays 19th June and back on 17th July with the finish of the season 11th Sept. All times will be 8 am – 8.45 am at Murwillumbah on Turf 2. Clubs to run sessions, each club will lead some sessions.
U7 – U9 Timetable for Club leads
Casuarina – April 24, May 1,8,15
Waratahs/Pottsville – May 22, 29 and June 5, 12
Kingscliff – June 19, July 17, 24, 31
Murwillumbah/Mullumbimby – Aug 7, 14, 21, 28
Casuarina – Sep 4, 11
Training for U7s and U9s Merv Edwards Oval 4 – 5 pm (DST) on Wednesdays.
U11s – Merv Edwards Oval 4 – 5 pm (DST) on Wednesday.
U13G – Merv Edwards Oval 4.30 – 5.30 pm (DST) Coach – Ryan Campbell -0402 852831.
U16G – Merv Edwards Oval 4.30 – 5.30 pm (DST).
Note: These training days could change depending on what suits coaches.
Mens Hockey –
D1M – On the Murwillumbah Turf time decided by rotation – see Hockey Tweed Turf Training
D3M – On Wednesdays from 6.30 pm (DST)
Womens Hockey –
D1W – On the Murwillumbah Turf time decided by rotation – see Hockey Tweed Turf Training
D2W – as for D1W or D3W
D3W Piranhas – On Wednesday from 6.30 pm (DST)
D3W Pelicans – On Wednesday from 6.30 pm (DST)
Note: These training days were known from 3rd March, once coaches are known they may change.
Note: The Rules relating to NSW Covid-19 may be adjusted. This year you will still be required to Sign in (either via the app or written. Rules during games have been relaxed
Turf rules must be obeyed even during training.
- Only the coaches, Managers and players permitted in the dugouts
- Access the field is via the middle gate near the dugouts – at no time are you permitted to jump the fence
- No Chewing gum or food of any description on the field
- No smoking, drinking alcohol or eating in the dugouts or the cemented area near the dugouts
- All persons who enter the field including umpires – MUST wash your shoes in the basin provided. If the foot wash is dirty, please hose it out and re-fil.
- No jewellery, including watches are to be worn on the field.
- All buckles on goalkeepers equipment to be covered at all times – by tape over the exposed buckles.
- Players are not permitted to wear foot ware with any tags or hard cleats.
- Players must not use sticks with splits or rough jagged edges.
- If bleeding occurs the player must leave the field immediately and cannot return until the wound has been covered and all traces of blood are removed from the area. Any clothing is to be removed and a fresh uniform is to be worn back onto the field.
- At half time both teams retreat back to respective dugouts and have their talk and water.
- Please do not place milk crates or other water bottle carriers on the surface.
- When washing your mouth out please use the drain to dispose of water.
- NO TRAINING IN THE MAIN CIRCLE AREA – ALL TRAINING MUST BE DONE IN THE SIDE NETS. If the goals are not in the side please move them. Teams/Clubs found using the main circles to train in may expect fines!
- NO SPITTING ON THE TURF!!