In 2020 at the start of the year training for all Seniors is on Merv Edwards Oval on Wednesday’s from 6 pm
If it’s raining go to www.tweed.nsw.gov.au/Sportsfields or use the Tweed Council App to see if the Walter Peate or the Merv Edwards Ovals are open for use and give the contact for that grade or age group a phone call.
Training Times for the 2019 season
U7s: On Thursday’s on Merv Edwards oval from 4pm
U11 s: The competition will be mixed like last year. Training on Wednesday’s from 4 pm on Merv Edwards Oval. Contact Simon McFie (0402 750177) or Ryan Campbell (0402 852 831)
U13 Girls: On thursday’s on Merv Edwards Oval from 4pm
U16 Girls: Probable coaches Troy (0410 667186) taking Stingrays and Kelvin Jordan (0432 645275) taking Dolphins. Ring them for the any training information.
D1 & 2 M: On Turf on Thursdays. Contact Nathan Eglington (0403 297292)
D3M: Wednesday from 6.30 pm (DST) at Merv Edwards Oval. Contact Gary Bryant (0449 903935)
D1W: On Turf Wednesdays. Contact Greg Edwards (0407 457 165)
D2W: On Wednesday on Merv Edwards from 6 pm. Contact Lorelle Morrissey (0455 281817)
D3W (Piranhas): On Wednesday from 6 pm. Contact Tracy Bashford (0405 506950)
Turf rules must be obeyed even during training.
- Only the coaches, Managers and players permitted in the dugouts
- Access the field is via the middle gate near the dugouts – at no time are you permitted to jump the fence
- No Chewing gum or food of any description on the field
- No smoking, drinking alcohol or eating in the dugouts or the cemented area near the dugouts
- All persons who enter the field including umpires – MUST wash your shoes in the basin provided. If the foot wash is dirty, please hose it out and re-fil.
- No jewellery, including watches are to be worn on the field.
- All buckles on goalkeepers equipment to be covered at all times – by tape over the exposed buckles.
- Players are not permitted to wear foot ware with any tags or hard cleats.
- Players must not use sticks with splits or rough jagged edges.
- If bleeding occurs the player must leave the field immediately and cannot return until the wound has been covered and all traces of blood are removed from the area. Any clothing is to be removed and a fresh uniform is to be worn back onto the field.
- At half time both teams retreat back to respective dugouts and have their talk and water.
- Please do not place milk crates or other water bottle carriers on the surface.
- When washing your mouth out please use the drain to dispose of water.
- NO TRAINING IN THE MAIN CIRCLE AREA – ALL TRAINING MUST BE DONE IN THE SIDE NETS. If the goals are not in the side please move them. Teams/Clubs found using the main circles to train in may expect fines!
- NO SPITTING ON THE TURF!!!