If it’s raining go to www.tweed.nsw.gov.au/Sportsfields or use the Tweed Council App to see if the Walter Peate or the Merv Edwards Ovals are open for use and give the contact for that grade or age group a phone call.
U7s and U9s: From 4pm – 5pm (DST) at Walter Peate Reserve (same side of Wommin Bay Road as the Cudgen Leagues Club). Contact Ryan Campbell for U9s(0402 852 831) and Richard Philip for U7s (0408 666420)
U11 Girls & Boys: From 4pm – 5pm (DST) at Merv Edwards Oval (other side of Wommin Bay Road as the Cudgen Leagues Club). Contact Simon McFie (0402 750177)
U13 Girls: Wednesday, from 4.30 pm on Merve Edwards Field (opposite side of Wommin Bay Road to the Cudgen Leagues Club). Contact Erica Wells (0412 721626)
U17 Boys: Contact Kelvin Jordan (0432 645275)
U16 Girls: From 5.00 pm (DST) at Merv Edwards Reserve (opposite side of Wommin Bay Road to the Cudgen Leagues Club). Contact Troy O’Keefe (0410 667186)
D1 & 2 M: Contact Nathan Eglington (0403 297292) Training will continue on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s at Merv Edwards Oval from 6.30pm
D3M: Contact Josh King (0421 395 004). Thursdays from 6pm
D1W: Contact Greg Edwards (0407 457 165)
D2W: Cath Cargnoni (0410 032931)
D3W (Piranhas): Contact Tracy Bashford (0405 506950)
D3W : Contact Bree King (0423 307399)
Turf rules must be obeyed even during training.
- Only the coaches, Managers and players permitted in the dugouts
- Access the field is via the middle gate near the dugouts – at no time are you permitted to jump the fence
- No Chewing gum or food of any description on the field
- No smoking, drinking alcohol or eating in the dugouts or the cemented area near the dugouts
- All persons who enter the field including umpires – MUST wash your shoes in the basin provided. If the foot wash is dirty, please hose it out and re-fil.
- No jewellery, including watches are to be worn on the field.
- All buckles on goalkeepers equipment to be covered at all times – by tap over the exposed buckles.
- Players are not permitted to wear foot ware with any tags or hard cleats.
- Players must not use sticks with splits or rough jagged edges.
- If bleeding occurs the player must leave the field immediately and cannot return until the wound has been covered and all traces of blood are removed from the area. Any clothing is to be removed and a fresh uniform is to be worn back onto the field.
- At half time both teams retreat back to respective dugouts and have their talk and water.
- Please do not place milk crates or other water bottle carriers on the surface.
- When washing your mouth out please use the drain to dispose of water.
- NO TRAINING IN THE MAIN CIRCLE AREA – ALL TRAINING MUST BE DONE IN THE SIDE NETS. If the goals are not in the side please move them. Teams/Clubs found using the main circles to train in may expect fines!
- NO SPITTING ON THE TURF!!!